Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Week 2 of Recovery Draws to a Close

Today at physical therapy I threatened one of the workers with bodily harm when he grinned at me and said, "No pain; no gain."  I mean, no matter how right he is, there comes a point ever so often when I just want to really, really, really want all of this to get easier faster than it is going to!

Tomorrow marks the two weeks marker since surgery.  Everyone seems to be awfully, awfully pleased with the progress I am making, but when it is YOU whose every step with the walker is an effort and every exercise a pain, it is terribly, terribly, terribly hard not to put back the head and howl at the moon like an embittered wolf!

Okay, I have had my whine.  I was just supposed to feel ever so much better when the three thousand staples (a slight exaggeration, I admit!) were removed at post-op Monday afternoon.  I suppose, on some level, that I must admit that it is some better.

Over the weekend, I went off all opioids and am now relying on OTC pain control.  The negatives I was experiencing outweighed the benefits I was getting from them.  All of that is now out of my system.  My body, generally, is doing better now.  Klep is pleased that at last my nausea is gone and that I have a little more interest in food.

The bend in the knees is well ahead of what is expected at this point; I am able to totally straighten the legs.  Both of these are good, good things.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I shall miss my sweet, sweet Karolina Kleppers, but I love them for sensing that Nana is just not quite herself this year!

Rob, Traci, and Anne will be here to help Klep deal with me!

I am so thankful that the first two weeks are behind me.  Please continue to pray for me to be able to sleep at night and to know that the dear young man is absolutely right when he encourages me to push through the pain.

I pray that your day tomorrow is filled with love and laughter, too much food, and hugs aplenty.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment